William D. Frumkin, Of Counsel, practices in the area of labor and employment law, concentrating on employment discrimination and employee benefits cases. He earned his law degree at Pace University and holds a Masters Degree in Social Work from UCLA.
Bill is a past President of the New York Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and former Co-Chair of the Employee Benefits Committee of NELA at the national level. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association's Labor and Employment Law Section and a former Co-Chair of its Employee Benefits and Compensation Committee and of its Labor and Employment Section Continuing Legal Education Committee.Bill is also a former Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Committee of the Westchester County Bar Association, and a former member of the Board of Directors of Westchester Disabled on the Move. Inc.
He was also named to the nationally recognized College of Labor and Employment Lawyers and has appeared in New York Magazine as one of New York's top lawyers Bill has been named to the list of the top 25 lawyers in Westchester County, as published in Westchester Magazine.
Bill has lectured extensively before bar associations and trade groups on various topics including Employee Benefits, Employment Discrimination, and Federal Civil Procedure. He was a contributing author for Disability Discrimination in the Workplace (Clark Boardman and Callaghan) and Employee Benefits Law (American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment, BNA Books), in addition to publishing numerous articles on employment and benefits law matters in the New York Law Journal, the New York State Bar Journal, and other trade publications. Bill was a regular contributor to the Fox Business New Network and the "Is it Legal?" segment on the Willis Report.
- New York, 1987
- Connecticut, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- J.D. - 1986
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, California
- M.S.W. - 1981
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York
- B.A. - 1974
- Major: Sociology
- Disability Discrimination in the Workplace, Contributing Author, Clark Boardman and Callaghan
- Employee Benefits Law, Contributing Author, American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment, BNA Books
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), former President
- Employee Benefits Committee of NELA, National level, former Co-Chair
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Executive Committee Member
- New York State Bar Association, Membership Committee Chair
- Westchester County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Committee, former Co-Chair
- Westchester Disabled on the Move. Inc., former member of Board of Directors
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, Fellow