Magdalena Perlman is an associate attorney at Frumkin & Hunter Law PC. She handles a wide range of matters on behalf of employees and employers, with a concentration in employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation; ERISA and employee benefits; wage-and-hour; and whistleblower claims. Ms. Perlman represents clients in all phases of employment and employee benefits matters.
Ms. Perlman joined Frumkin & Hunter Law PC with over ten years of litigation experience in the New York state court system throughout the Hudson Valley and New York City. She began her legal career with the New York City Law Department, Tort Division, in both the Queens and Bronx office, where she handled a heavy caseload involving complex legal and factual claims. She was promoted to Senior Counsel in the Bronx office, exclusively handling high exposure police cases including state and federal claims. During her tenure, she settled cases at the pre-action, settlement, and trial stages, and tried several cases to verdict or settled after jury selection.
Ms. Perlman was previously an associate attorney with Pilkington & Leggett, where she represented medical professionals and hospitals in medical malpractice actions, and was responsible for reviewing and analyzing medical and disability records, participating in court conferences, conducting depositions, performing legal research, procuring expert opinions and testimony, and strategizing for the optimal outcome via motion practice, settlement, and trial.
Ms. Perlman is a summa cum laude graduate of Adelphi University and the Honors College, where she maintained an academic scholarship for four years and earned a degree in history, with a focus on modern European history. She received her law degree from New York Law School, graduating magna cum laude as a member of the Law Review, Center for Real Estate Studies, Justice Marshall Harlan Scholar Program, while maintaining a Presidential academic scholarship for three years.
Ms. Perlman is admitted to practice in New York.
She is a member of the Westchester County Bar Association (Labor and Employment, Women in the Law, and Trial Attorney Tort Committees).
- New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 05/2008
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Law Review, Associate Editor, 2006-2008
- Honors: Justice John Marshall Harlan Scholar
- Honors: Center for Real Estate Studies
- Honors: Presidential Scholarship 2005-2008
- Adelphi University, Garden City, New York
- B.A. - 05/2005
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Honors College Graduate
- Honors: Senior Thesis Finalist, The Polish-Bolshevik War of 1920
Honors and Awards
- Borough Chief, Queens Tort Division, Merit Award, 2009-2010
Past Employment Positions
- New York City Law Department, Torts Division, Senior Counsel, 2008-2017
- Pilkington & Leggett PC, Associate Attorney, 2019 to 2020
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney