Jordan M. Kaplan handles a wide variety of matters within the field of labor and employment law. Mr. Kaplan concentrates his practice in employment discrimination, sexual harassment, whistleblower protection, pensions, employment agreements, separation agreements, wage & hour claims, family medical leave, and disability discrimination and disability access. He has litigated cases in state and federal courts and represented clients in employment matters before administrative agencies.
Mr. Kaplan graduated, with honors, from Rutgers College. He earned his law degree from Rutgers School of Law - Newark. During law school, he served as a legal intern for Magistrate Judge John J. Hughes. He also worked in the Rutgers Community Law Clinic, providing advice to charitable organizations.
Mr. Kaplan is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia, as well as the federal court for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York, District of New Jersey, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Kaplan worked as a volunteer attorney with the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless. He currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Westchester Disabled on the Move, Inc.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblower Protection
- Employment Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Wage and Hour Claims
- Family Medical Leave
- Disability Discrimination and Disability Access
- New Jersey, 2007
- District of Columbia, 2010
- New York, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 2019
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2007
- Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Honors: With Honors
Past Employment Positions
- Zwerdling, Paul, Kahn, and Wolly, PC, Associate Attorney, 2010 to 2017
- Mets, Schiro, and McGovern, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2007 to 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless, 2018